First, let’s talk about what keto is. The ketogenic diet puts you into a state called ketosis. Ketosis is when your body switches from using sugar as fuel to using ketones as fuel. To do this, you have to lower your intake of carbs and sugars. This includes grains, starches, sugary drinks, bread, pasta, candy, and fruits (except some berries). You also want to limit how often you eat.
1. How to Start Keto Correctly?
Every time you eat, you trigger insulin. Insulin stops fat burning and triggers fat storage. Our goal is to lower your insulin levels. The best way to stop triggering insulin spikes is to eat less frequently. This doesn’t mean you have to eat less food (or lower your calories)—it just means no snacking in between meals and only consuming food 1-2 times a day.
After lowering your carbohydrates, you want to consume a moderate amount of protein. 3-8 oz of protein per meal. You should always consume meats with fat on them. Never go for lean or low-fat options. You can consume meat, fish, chicken, seafood, eggs (with the yolk), cheese, and nuts.
Once you’ve got the hang of keto, you should add in intermittent fasting. Intermittent fasting is simply cutting back on your meals and allowing your body more time to recover from insulin.
Here are three tips for intermittent fasting:
- Only eat when you’re hungry
- Skip breakfast
- Stop snacking
By Intermittent Fasting and taking a collagen supplement.
With intermittent fasting, you only eat during a specific time. Fasting for a certain number of hours each day or eating just one meal a couple of days a week can help your body burn fat. And scientific evidence points to some health benefits, as well.
3. How to get rid of belly fat?
Doctors recommend weight loss for belly fat. Weight loss can reduce fat in the liver, inflammation, and fibrosis. If your doctor thinks that a certain medicine is the cause of your NAFLD, you should stop taking that medicine.
The best ways to lose belly fat fast:
- Go on a low-carb diet
- Do intermittent fasting
- Do core exercises
- Consume fiber (greens)
- Take berberine
- Drink apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp. in a glass of water 2-3x per day)
- Lower your stress
- Get good sleep
The best exercises to burn belly fat:
- Sitting toe touches
- Bicycle crunches
- The boat pose
- The forward plank
4. Why is Keto and Intermittent Fasting fat burners?
Keto diets focus on what to eat, but intermittent fasting is all about when you eat. With intermittent fasting, you only eat during a specific time. Fasting for a certain number of hours each day or on keto you eat selective meal that can help your body burn fat.
So, it’s important to combine the Healthy Keto diet with fasting to get the most weight loss benefits.
How to do intermittent fasting for weight loss:
- Step 1: This is your normal diet, Right now you might eat six times a day (3 meals and 3 snacks).
- Step 2: Stop snacking between your meals—limit all eating to three meals (including any snacks/treats) and add more fat to your meals.
- Step 3: Skip breakfast. Have your first meal around noon and your last meal at 6 pm. This leaves you with about a 16-hour fasting window and an 8-hour eating.
- Step 4: Reduce your eating window. A 20:4 intermittent fasting plan is ideal for fast weight loss. This gives your body 20 hours of fasting. With this plan, your eating window could be 12-4 pm, 1-5 pm, 2-6 pm, etc...
- OMAD: If you really want to speed up your weight loss, you can do OMAD (one meal a day), where you consume just one large meal each day. This is the best way to increase weight loss.
5. Can you reverse type 2 diabetes?
Yes, it is possible to reverse this condition but there are a few things you need to know first, like what causes it. Glycosylation is a condition where the sugar molecule is bonded to the protein molecule. When you combine the sugar and protein in a certain environment, you render that protein unavailable to the body because it creates a permanent bond – and could cause certain proteins to become pathogenic.
AGE or Advanced Glycation Endproducts are sticky proteins that could clog and block blood flow to the nervous system and other parts of the body. It is also the end product of having high sugar with the combination of certain proteins.
- High Hemoglobin
- Eye problem / Blindness
- Connective Tissue – Plantar Fasciitis / Hammer Toe
- Vaso Nervorum Stenosis
- Gastroparesis – Sluggish digestive system / Damaged vagus nerve
- Infections - Toe Nail Fungus
Ways on How to reverse it:
- Lower the sugar – take sugar out of the diet. Do a healthy ketogenic diet (low carb diet)
- Intermittent Fasting Two Main Recommended Nutrients to Speed up Process:
- Vitamin B1 (benfotiamine) 4x / day
- Alpha lipoic acid – 600mg / 3x/day
6. What are Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar?
The main benefits of apple cider vinegar come from acetic acid. But, if it’s raw, it will also be rich in enzymes, which can help with digestion. You don’t want pasteurized apple cider vinegar. If it’s an organic apple cider vinegar, this means that it won’t have pesticides and added chemicals.
Apple cider vinegar health benefits:
- Digestion – speeds up digestion and activates enzymes
- Controls pathogens
- Increases the absorption of minerals and vitamins
- Decreases gas, bloating, and indigestion
- Decreases acid reflux
- Releases bile/enzymes
- Breaks down protein
- Blood sugars improvement – weight loss
- Supports the immune system – stimulates the white blood cells to speed up and help fight infections.
It may be beneficial to mix 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 16 oz. of water. You can also add some lemon juice, and have this before or after a meal. If you don’t like the taste, you can also take apple cider vinegar in pill form.
7. Why I hit a plateau and what to do when hit a plateau?
There are few reasons why you might have plateaued doing the Keto & Intermittent fasting plan. The main goal is to lower your insulin (Healthy Insulin), no snacks throughout the day, and eat two times a day with enough fat so you can maintain hunger between meals. It’s important to evaluate and assess the entire body before you begin making changes to your weight loss program after you hit a plateau.
Many things can cause you to stop losing weight:
- Health conditions
- Food choices
- Stress levels
- Poor sleep
- Thyroid conditions
- High estrogen
- Liver or gallbladder issues
- Insulin resistance And much, much more.
Maybe you recently changed something in your diet or were diagnosed with a health condition. Look into these areas first to find out why you might be experiencing a weight plateau. Stress events can trigger autoimmune diseases, high cortisol, and many other health issues.
8. How to get rid of sugar cravings?
If you’re craving sweets, you’re not burning fat. You’re burning sugar. It may also be caused by a potassium deficiency. You need 7-10 cups of vegetables per day to get the potassium and other nutrients you need. But, if you’re getting enough potassium, it could be because of adrenal burnout, in which case you may need L-tryptophan.
Carbohydrates are highly addictive. We are conditioned as children to feed a carb addiction—most children consume large amounts of sugar daily. Sugars and refined grains are added to baby food, cereal, candy, and virtually all processed foods.
Carbs are so addictive because they trigger two hormones: dopamine and serotonin.
These are pleasure and happiness hormones. Over time, an addiction to carbs becomes stronger and stronger.
So what can you do to break a carb addiction? Take a look.
- Stop eating immediately - The first thing you should do is start fasting. This will kick start ketosis, which is when your body burns fat as fuel instead of glucose (sugar). This will begin to heal your neurotransmitter receptors that are triggering intense carb cravings.
- Exercise - This will further increase your fat-burning and allow you to get rid of any excess glucose in your system.
- Avoid triggers - Get rid of all carbohydrates and sugars in the house, avoid images of food (like commercials or unhealthy recipe books), don’t go to restaurants with unhealthy foods, avoid food smells that cause cravings, etc.
- Take B vitamins - All B vitamins are important for lessening the addiction to carbs—especially vitamin B1. Using nutritional yeast is a great way to get your B vitamins.
9. How to lose weight fast?
You have to loose weight with a hormone called growth hormone (GH). Growth hormone is the main fat-burning hormone. It’s released by the pituitary gland in the brain. The easiest way to trigger growth hormone is to do intermittent fasting. Intermittent fasting lowers your insulin. Insulin blocks growth hormone.
There are five things you need to focus on.
- Intermittent Fasting: This is a powerful technique that will help you lose weight extremely fast. Why? Every time you have a meal or a snack, you raise your insulin levels. When insulin levels are elevated, it’s impossible to lose weight. Intermittent fasting does not mean eating fewer calories. It simply means that you are going to consume fewer meals. Having two meals a day is ideal for weight loss. This means no snacking in-between. You also want to stick to 3-6 oz per meal, consume lots of vegetables, and have healthy fats.
- Sleep: Most fat burning occurs when you are in a deep sleep. You need at least 7-8hrs of sleep or it can activate a stress hormone called cortisol which blocks fat burning.
- Stress Cortisol: Stress Cortisol is a hormone that is released when you are stressed. Cortisol stops the fat-burning process. Additionally, cortisol will affect your sleep. Avoid high-stress situations, stop watching the news, and go on long walks daily.
- Exercise: Exercise is obviously an important part of getting healthy and losing weight. High-intensity interval training (HIIT) is amazing for fast weight loss. You want to work out your entire body. Working out strengthens your muscles as well as helps to reduce insulin.
- Nutrition: Certain nutrients can help boost weight loss. Sea kelp activates the thyroid, which speeds up your metabolism. Take sea kelp in the morning and avoid having it before bed. Potassium citrate is vital to replenishing your potassium levels. Potassium combats insulin, improves sleep, and relaxes muscles.
Nutritional yeast is packed full of B vitamin, which helps with stress, sleep, and other issues. You should have a large amount of vegetables every single day. This is really important for weight loss and health.
10. What is insulin resistance and how to fix it?
Insulin resistance is the body's defense mechanism against excess sugar (glucose). It’s a condition where the cells are no longer absorbing insulin. Without insulin, the cells can’t get fuel, so they’re starving. This makes you crave carbohydrates. A signal is then sent to the pancreas, telling it to make more insulin. The average person with insulin resistance has 5-7 times more insulin than normal.
How do we fix this problem? - The prolonged absence of insulin.
If you don’t fix insulin resistance:
- You’re not going to experience weight loss
- You’re going to be hungry all of the time
In my opinion, it takes about 3-8+ months to reverse insulin resistance. My guess is that healthy keto with intermittent fasting is responsible for 90%+ of improvements. Healthy keto provides the key nutrients you need to help speed up the process.
If you want to enhance your results, you can:
- Add exercise
- Lower your stress
- Get more sleep
- Get plenty of nutrients (zinc, vitamin D, chromium, potassium, magnesium)
How do you know if insulin resistance is going away?
- Your hunger is going down
- You’re losing belly fat
- Your blood pressure is going down
- Your blood sugars are good
- No dawn phenomenon
- You have more energy
- You’re satisfied when you eat
11. How do Cortisol cause belly fat?
Cortisol is a stress hormone that turns protein into sugar. The adrenal glands are responsible for creating cortisol. Your adrenals are located in your abdomen right on top of your kidneys. The adrenals react to stress. That’s why cortisol is often referred to as the “stress hormone.” It causes your liver to make new sugar out of non-carbohydrate sources, such as fat, ketones and protein.
If your cortisol is really high, your body will make a lot of sugar. This increase in sugar will elevate insulin, and insulin makes belly fat. Consuming a high-carb diet and sugar, or eating too frequently can also cause your insulin to spike, leading to belly fat. Insulin-like growth hormone (IGF) is very similar to growth hormone. This hormone can help regulate your cortisol level. You can increase this hormone by fasting and getting plenty of sleep.